Travelogues and Almost Everything Else!

My Thoughts, experiences and .....

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Teri Yaad Aayi

Its funny what ten years can do to you.. It can make things that seemed so freaking huge look like a tiny little happy incident!
I was about 15 years old, and was staying in a joint family – a small place housing 6 folks. I had known this girl, the daughter of some family friends, for the last 5 years or so. We used to go around playing little games … I could easily call her a childhood friend. She had just returned after a 3 year stint in the US, during which time there was absolutely no communication. I met her once, and spoke to her one or two more times that week, and then, she called me up. Here is the transcript ;-) . Keep in mind that there were 5 other people around listening to what I was saying…
P: Its been a long time ..
Me: Yup
P: U know.. uve changed.. u look like a nice young man now
M: haha.. u bet.. and uve changed more than me
P: I dint forget about you all along..
M: hmmm…
P: I thought about you quite a bit
V: Yeah.. 10th standard is tough.. (Wanted my family to think that Im talking about studies!)
P: haha Family around kya?
V: Yup
P: I liked you always.. but now, I think I like you even more
V: yeah.. there are good classes in the City area
P: I have your photo with me.. I keep it with me
V: yeah.. Chemistry is the toughest .. there is a class called Kulkarni’s. He is very good.

Just Then, my dad tells me to put the phone down. Right now!

As it turned out, an elder cousin, a freaking pest had put a parallel line on speaker phone, and my dad, overheard the last tit bit when he was passing by. All hell broke loose, and I was reprimanded for bad behavior. Well, P’s family was informed about this I guess, as she simply disappeared from the scene after that.

7 Comments:

  • At 05 March, 2006 17:42, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    suggestion:
    s/piyu/xyz/g

    kahte hain ki... naam lene se wo badnaam ho jate hain ;-)
    -dkj

     
  • At 05 March, 2006 18:47, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaa!! good one Vaarun! :D:) that really made me laugh. Wut happened after that though? :D:P lolz
    manuela

     
  • At 06 March, 2006 02:37, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm i remember this , More interested in the second affair (should i call it a affair ?).... aage kya hua ???

     
  • At 10 March, 2006 11:03, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey bro!

    I wouldn't even bother ask about how ure doing, cuz reading your stuff on the blog makes it pretty apparent to me how well things are turing out for you.

    Will mail you later on with all the mail adds i have of the 96-97 people.

    Anyways keep up the good work :)

    Laterz

    Vikram

     
  • At 17 March, 2006 01:34, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too good bhai!
    :)
    felt good after reading it :)

     
  • At 23 August, 2006 19:50, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey vaarun never knew u were sooo cool yaar lol ir really made me laugh
    what abt ur dad seein it now lol

     
  • At 24 August, 2006 01:36, Blogger Vaarun said…

    Hey there. Wish u would have told me who you are.. cause now I cant get back to you with answers :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home